July 29, 2011

Review:Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda

Summary-
Bilquis SanGreal grew up knowing she would have to make sacrifices to be in the Knights Templar. Sacrifices like losing her mother to the Templar's ongoing battle against the Unholy; sacrifices like trading her childhood in for relentless training; sacrifices that keep her completely isolated from the world of a normal teen girl.

Billi's lone wolf status is challenged when her childhood friend, Kay, returns from his psychic training in Jerusalem. Kay manages to stir things up quickly -- he's gorgeous, arrogant, and wants to slide right back into his old place in Billi's life. Billi is skeptical, but interested, until she meets Michael -- an ethereally handsome guy who seems to understand her like no one before him, and effortlessly stakes a claim in her heart.
Just as Billi's starting to enjoy this pleasant new twist to her life, Kay ruins everything. In a moment of bravado, Kay uses the last of the Templar's treasures, King Solomon's cursed mirror, drawing the attention of one of the most dangerous of the Templars' enemies -- The Angel of Death.
Only with the mirror can the dark angel unleash his full powers, and now that he's heard the call of the mirror, he'll stop at nothing to get it. To save London from catastrophe, Billi will have to make sacrifices greater than she'd ever imagined.

Review-
Killing him should be easy; He's only six."

I know right! One heck of an opener!! That sentence had me hooked. I finished it in two days. SO...Billi falls for Michael...OK first problem. There was no love story there! He met her...had a date...she's in love?? How? Ok Second problem now! There is Kay! (I love Kay!!! (So does Billi.)) There needed to be way more to that relationship as well. There was nothing to make me think she actually loved these guys and there should have been!!! It ties into the plot! I expected ALOT more from this book. I read the summary and was "OH MY! I HAVE to read this!" Little did I know I was set up for disappointment when it came to the love story. Now onto better aspects of the book!! I really loved the relationship between Billi and her dad. There was hard feelings between them. I don't want to say hatred because she didn't hate him, she just didn't like him. Like most teenagers lol. The plot in this story was really good. I loved and hated the ending at the same time! I hated it for one obvious reason but, loved it because of the same. My heart went completely out to her at that point but I was also like "Nooooooo!!!! That can't be right!!!!" But it was :( Any Hoo... All in all a good read. I loved it besides the lack of the love story.

Publisher-Hyperion Books
My Score: 4 Stars
Reviewed by~Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I pretty much loved this book. I was happy to discover it wasn't a paranormal romance, but just kind of a... paranormal. A dark urban fantasy, I guess. I agree there was a bit of Insta-love with Billi and Michael, though.

    Great review, and I hope you can get your hands on the sequel, Dark Goddess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the sequel! Plan on reading it soon! And your right I was nice it wasn't a romance paranormal but...It really should have had more romance in it with that way it all played out know what I mean? Would have made it more believable for me anyways

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)