November 4, 2011

Review: Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz

Summary-
What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?

Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Connor, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.
But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

Review-
It seems to start off slow. I only got through four chapters in four days. That is in no way to write a good or bad judgement on the book. I mean, what can you really tell from four chapters anyway? I decided to continue on and see how it turns out.

WOW! am I ever glad I decided to finish this book. Not what I expected at all. Once the mystery and action kicked in I was hooked. I literally could not put the book down. Of course, my husband complained about the reading light being on all night. I just could not help it. I'm still shocked at how good this storyline turned out to be. It is a very difficult thing to un-seat one of my top ten favorites. This book has done just that amazing feat. A drama filled plot with danger, curses and a captivating love story makes this one of my top 10 of all time! I strongly recommend this book for all to read.

Publisher-Harlequin Teen
Reviewer Rating-5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the publishe for the donation of this book to the Read for your future!~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)