July 17, 2012

Review: Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Summary-
When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.

Review-
This reviewer has thought of many things to say about this book so i am going to try and fit them all in here. This is one of the most thought provoking books of the summer. It is absolutely awesome. To talk about teen suicide in such a respectful way that makes it tender while considering the ones that are left behind is a masterpiece for me. When Harper takes her sister to California to scatter her ashes is a journey i didn't want to see end.
Harper is a strong character to live in the shadows of her sisters death and still function and do what she had to do astounded me.
The dialogue is written in a way that makes you feel like part of the story. The characters say things that normal teens would say. The dialogue in this book is most definitely teen dialogue And just  pulls you into the story.
A love story is there too. I love the fact that the author didn't rush the love story And the way he dealt with Harper is better than I expected. He helped her to face her issues head on. This book also deals some with teen sex and pregnancy. Again delicate situations not to many can pull these off  but this author does it with it taste and finesse.
I hated to see the end of this book. I wanted it to be a series but it is just a stand alone. It touched me where few books have ever been. If you have a chance to get this book. Run don't walk and get it. Hannah Harrington is going o be the author to watch. This debut book has blown me away and i cant wait to read her new one Speechless out in Sept.
I gladly welcome this author into my mind through her books. I have only one regret with this book and that is that i didn't read it sooner. The characters are long standing even after the last page. Bravo Ms Harrington Bravo!!!

Publisher-Harlequin teen
Reviewer Rating : 5 STARS!!!
Reviewed by~Lora
~Thank you to Natashya Wilson from Harlequin for the donation of this book to the Read for your future book program!!





4 comments:

  1. I haven't managed to get a copy of this yet, though it's been on my TBR list for ages! Great review! I love "issue contemporary" novels; I guess I like knowing that (even though they're *characters*) people can persevere through the hard times. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome. I just regret putting it off so long. It was really good

      Delete
  2. I have seen this one around and really want to read it. thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear that this one was good. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)